I am inspired by: quirky characters in everyday life and eavesdropped conversation; snippets of literature and sayings by wise people; animals and folk motifs, particularly those in Scandinavian/Nordic tradition and design; accidental colour combinations and of course by many other illustrators, writers and designers.
I’m an active member of Pinterest so if you’d like to find out what’s going up in my world, head over there and have a nosey through the boards and follow me. From hairstyles to screen prints, photographs to knitted jumpers – Pinterest is a useful tool as I research, gather images and develop ideas.
I may post photos on here from time to time as well.
And here are some links:
- Sara Fanelli: illustrator
- Jojo Norris: illustrator
- Rob Ryan: screenprints and papercuts
- Luke Wright: poet
- Niels Lomholt: mail artist. Niels has recently published a book project on mail art, with 3333 illustrations. Click the link to view this and information on his other work.
- Amy Windridge: mixed media illustrator and writer of lovely blog ‘to sea in a sieve’
book arts and presses
- The Whittington Press
- The Typographic Hub
- Book Arts at the Centre for Fine Print Research, UWE
- the Book Arts Bookshop in London
books & other recommendations
- Sibella Court, Etcetera: creating beautiful interiors with the things you love
- Jeannine Stein, Re-Bound: creating handmade books from Recycled and Repurposed Materials
- Ellen Lupton, Indie Publishing: How to design and produce your own book
- Jewellery by Galibardy